Florida’s State Agencies
Early Childhood Associations
- The Children’s Forum Professional Organization
- National Association for the Education of Young Children – NAEYC
- Southern Early Childhood Association – SECA
- Florida Association for the Education of Young Children -FLAEYC
- Association of Christian Schools International – ACSI
- Association of Christian Teachers and Schools – ACTS
- Florida Association for Child Care Management – FACCM
- Family Childcare Association – FCCA
- National Association of Family Child Care – NAFCC
Requirements to Teach in Florida
The Florida Department of Children and Families maintains a website with complete information and access to the requirements to teach in Florida along with information regarding the required training courses.
Click on the link below to access the website: www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care
There are several high quality online training opportunities. Nevertheless, beware. There are others that are not and costs vary. Before investing in online training, ask these questions:
- Does this training provide college credit? If not,
- Does this training provide continuing education units (CEU) from a reputable source, such as a college, university, or an organization approved by the International Association for Continued Education and Training (IACET) to award CEU?
- Are there opportunities to ask questions or get assistance from someone throughout the course?
- Is this program on the list of approved training courses (particularly if you are taking the course to fill state requirements)?
Is online training right for you? Click here to find out more.
If you have questions, contact your Quality Improvement Specialist.